I made these for my best friend, Genna's baby shower. Super easy and quite the show stoppers!
Sorry there aren't step by step photos for this one, but I'm guessing you'll be able to figure it out!
- Cake mix (prepared as directed and let cool)
- Can of frosting (you'll use about 1/3 - 1/2 of the can)
- Chocolate bark for dipping
- Sprinkles or other decorations
- Lollipop sticks (you can find these in the cake decorating aisle of a Michael's, or other craft store)
Form little cake balls, about 1 1/2 inches across. This is where a cookie scoop comes in very handy! Place on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and chill for at least 1 hour. Don't freeze.
Melt your bark coating and dab a small amount on the "flat" side of the cake ball. Insert the lollipop stick in a little more than 1/2 way. Repeat for all of them and let chill another 20-30 minutes before dipping. This will help keep the stick in place so your cake balls don't slide down or break!
Dip and decorate. I'd recommend having a Styrofoam block to let the dipped cake dry and set. Laying them down, you'll just have a flat ugly spot. They'll still taste good - just depends on how fancy you want to be!